Does anyone else feel that May is a BUSY month? So many things going on around here! We celebrated Brian's birthday at the end of April and have stayed busy going to Busch Gardens, playing in the blow up pool in the back yard, going to the beach and spending time with friends and family. Life is good. Poor Kennedy has had a rough few weeks, but she's doing great now! She had an eye infection, then a cold, and what we think was teething- all we know is there was a lot of crying, whining, poor sleeping and just an unhappy kiddo. It's nice to have our silly, chatty girl back to 100%. I can't keep up with all the things she's learning because it's something new all the time. She has discovered a deep love for Barney, so we are constantly hearing, "watch Barney please!". She also likes the Wonder Pets so she also says, "Watch Ming Ming, too"- which is so cute since she's learned that from their song, "....Lenny, Tuck and Ming Ming, too..."- heehee. Kennedy's favorite activity is being outside. I had a lucky find at a garage sale a few weeks back- a Little Tykes plastic car- and let me tell you, if I knew how much Kennedy would love that thing, I would have bought one months ago. She is constantly asking to go outside and saying, "Mommy, push car please!" Yes, that's right- she doesn't get around the conventional Flinestone's way by using her own feet, I walk behind the car pushing her around the neighborhood. She LOVES it. She also loves pushing her babydoll in the stroller outside- which of course, only lasts several feet before she discovers a cool stick or leaf. At that point, she'll usually say, "Shh... baby sleeping", and walk away from the stroller. This is a trick Brian and I use regularly when it's time to stop playing with something- we'll tell her the pool is sleeping, or the rocking horse is sleeping, etc. This tends to work pretty well, except that Kennedy's figured out how to use it to her advantage now. So, I end up carrying the doll, stroller, and whatever sticks or leaves Kennedy hands me. She tries to exert independence into many daily activities now. Kennedy has a favorite pair of shoes- her pink crocs, and wants to wear them everyday. I think part of it is because she is able to put them on and off without help. I can't tell you how many times a day we hear her say, "Kennedy do it".
Brian is still working on finding the next house to purchase and renovate, but in the mean time, he is enjoying having this time at home. I will be done with work for the summer in a few short weeks and I can't wait to be home more with Kennedy. I will probably be exhausted by the end of the summer, but it should be fun :)
Busch Gardens with the Althoff family
Kennedy and Owen going on a boat ride!
One of Kennedy's favorite activities- playing in the jeep!
We had a cookout with the Thornton family. Travis and Kennedy are going to be great buddies.
How does one learn to be so girly?
What our walks look like most days...
Just being silly!
Playing at the beach with Reagan Segraves!
Happy Birthday, Daddy!!!




Trying out Dad's new duds...
Brian's family joined us for a birthday cookout

Cousin Maddie loves the jeep, too :)
Kennedy's favorite toy!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I can't get over her! And I CAN'T WAIT to see her this week...eeee! Big kisses to my sweet niece from "Leeesa, Jashon and Pa-lo". We love you!
Post a Comment