Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Growing and Changing...

I know I just posted a ton of pictures, but I have to do it again! Kennedy is like a little sponge soaking in the world around her and I feel compelled to share a few things she's learning. After I looked through these recent pictures, it hit me that she is becoming a little girl with a WHOLE lot of personality. At 20 months, she is talking up a storm and has recently started counting one to five. Kennedy loves naming everything- as I drive down the road I hear her in the back saying things like, "green car" or "hi tree", and sometimes just breaking out in song. She is also learning the power of high pitched squeals, but she now can say "help, please" if she's prompted. My favorite story from the pictures below has to do with the one of Kennedy sitting by the small tray of candy. She was standing there saying "please, please", so I told her very firmly that she could have one piece only. When I asked her how many pieces she could have, she answered quite confidently, "two". I can't blame her. She is definitely getting ready for the Easter Bunny by carrying around her easter basket (usually with her baby doll inside), pulling apart all our plastic eggs and leaving them all around the house.
Kennedy's favorite work space- where she colors and does play-doh
Checking out the tigers with a tight grip on Daddy
What are they both looking at?
Kennedy enjoyed the rainy weather on St. Patty's Day
Just stretching out after a long day...
Where are those eggs coming from?
...aha! The cute culprit!!
Telling me to "shhh" because her baby doll was sleeping
Kennedy can't wait to be a big sister one day- she loves reading to her baby doll.
If Brian or I leave a pair of shoes lying around- she's the first to try them on!!
Making a pit stop for a drink and snacks during a bike ride.
This is the candy picture I referenced above. Notice the M&Ms behind Kennedy and that angelic expression.
There seems to be something in your cheek, Kennedy! How's that candy taste?
Figuring out the family's finances. Oh, and yes, that is Brian's high school letterman jacket on his chair. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis already!

3 comments:

KK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KK said...

Les, thank you for sharing these pictures. She is just precious.
Aunt Kim

Melgarejo family said...

What a hoot! She definitely has the Wilbanks girls sweet tooth...oh wait, Brian kinda has one too. Hopefully she got her mama's teeth :) I love the one of her reading to her baby doll too...just precious. Love and miss you all so much!